Eggs, agave, lemon pepper seasoning, and cheese. It doesn't get much simpler than that. The only thing you need to add, is patience. Omelets take a minute. Or ten. And while it takes a little longer than it might for breakfast tacos or whatnot, it is totally worth the wait. And now, I'm thinking of other omelet variations I can make for my honey on the weekends. The possibilities are endless! But I definitely suggest trying this one.
Sweet 'n' Spicy Omelet (SSO)
Source: Larry St. Clair (a friend of J's)
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp Agave nectar
- 2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (your choice)
- Whisk the eggs together in a medium bowl. Stir in the agave and lemon pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Add the egg mixture, cover, and allow to cook until the edges are firm (the center will still be runny/soupy.) This can take up to 10 minutes - be patient!
- When the edges are firm sprinkle the cheese on top, replace the cover, and allow the cheese to melt.
- Using a spatula, carefully fold one half of the omelet over onto the other half. Allow to cook for another minute or so, so it melts together then carefully slide it onto a plate.
- Drizzle with extra agave, if you'd like. Enjoy!!