I submitted a recipe awhile back for my cooking board's recipe swap for a sandwich and sauce that I created, but I couldn't seem to get around to blogging it myself! Well, this weekend during my cook-a-thon I finally succeeded! The sauce is super-delish and also goes great with burgers...you should try it ASAP!! I didn't have any bacon on had as the recipe calls for, which would have made the sammich even more amazing, but my mouth was singing it's praises anyway, especially since we had it on Hawaiian Sweet Bread Rolls!!
Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Inspired by the Pacific Chicken Wrap at Sandella’s Flatbread Cafe
- 2 Grilled Chicken Breasts
- 2 kaiser rolls or hamburger buns
- 2 Leaves of Green Leaf Lettuce
- 6 Tomatoes Slices
- 6 Bacon slices (crisp)
- 2 Tbs Guacamole or 8 Avocado Slices
- 2 Tbs Creamy Red Pepper Sauce (Recipe Below)
- Prepare the red pepper sauce and refrigerate while preparing the chicken.
- Grill chicken and cook bacon, and set aside to drain & cool.
- Meanwhile, slice tomatoes and avocado (or prepare guacamole), and toast bread.
- Spread 1 Tbs of Creamy Red Pepper Sauce onto 1 slice of the roll, top with avocado (or guacamole), 3 slices of bacon (halved to make 6 pieces), chicken, tomatoes, and leaf of lettuce. Top with second piece of the roll, and repeat process for second sandwich.
Creamy Red Pepper Sauce
4 Tbs Cream Cheese
3 Tbs Reduced-fat mayo or miracle whip
3-4 roasted red peppers from 7 ½ oz jar, drained well
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp black pepper
Mix all ingredients together in food processor until well-blended.