Before summer is over, you should make your way into the kitchen and whip up a batch of these little delights!! Or, maybe in a few months when you've forgotten the excruciating heat and want to have a little piece of summer back, you could try them then :)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the butter and sugar together in mixer until smooth.
- Add milk and cherry juice and mix until combined. Then add eggs, one at a time and mix until each is incorporated.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl and add the mixture to the bowl 1 cup at a time, and mix until incorporated.
- Fill lined cupcake tin 2/3 full and bake for 18-20 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Lime Buttercream Icing
Source: Hostess Blog
- 8 Tbsp butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp lime juice (approx 2 fresh limes)
- 1 Tbsp margarita mix
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 5 cups powdered (confectioners’) sugar
- In a large bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, lime juice, margarita mix, and lime zest. Beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar, one cup at a time, and continue beating until smooth. If icing is too thin, add more powdered sugar, a couple tablespoons at a time.