I love my cooking board recipe swap group - have I mentioned that? It's just a great group of gals, and I get to try things that I may never have come across on my own. For this week's swap, I received "Juice Box" Salmon with Creamy Russian Dressing from Nicole of Prevention RD. I love salmon and I'm always looking for new ways to cook it, so I couldn't have been happier when I received this! Not to mention that it also uses lemonade - uh hello!! Delish! The salmon was so flaky and delicious on it's own, but the russian dressing was the perfect sauce to compliment it! Thanks Nicole, we really enjoyed this dish!
Juice Box Salmon with Creamy Russian Dressing
Source: Prevention RD
- 1 lb salmon, skin on
- 8 oz of lemonade (juice box, or other)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup light miracle whip (or mayo)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 tsp prepared horseradish
- 1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp onion salt
- Preheat oven to 500 (!) degrees. Line an 8x8-inch pan with foil.
- Sprinkle salmon with salt & pepper. Pour lemonade into the pan and place salmon, skin side down into the juice.
- Cover the pan loosley with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Russian dressing by combining the miracle whip, ketchup, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce and onion salt in a medium bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.