For this week's Recipe Swap, the theme was Tailgating/Appetizers, and I received a recipe from The Cooking Nurse for White Pizza Dip. Since I love dip, and I love pizza, I couldn't have been happier to receive this recipe!! It was so simple to make, that it will be a snap to put together and throw in the oven to cook while doing other party preparations. I've also seen this on a few other girls' blogs from my cooking board, so you know it has to be good!! It's making it's way around! It turned out delicious and T and her mom - Mama R - loved it too!! I will definitely be adding this recipe to my football party menu!!
White Pizza Dip
Source: The Cooking Nurse (originally from Lipton Recipes)
- 1 envelope Lipton Savory Herb & Garlic Soup Mix (I used their Vegetable variety because I couldn't find the Herb & Garlic)
- 1 (16 oz) container of sour cream
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup chopped or mini pepperoni
- 1 baguette loaf, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 1 quart casserole dish, combine the soup mix, sour cream, ricotta cheese, 3/4 cup of mozzarella, and pepperoni.
- Sprinkle top with remaining 1/4 cup of mozzarella and some additional pepperoni if you'd like.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes (or until heated through). Serve with bread slices.