The recipe was great and made a thick, chocolatey brownie with a nice little layer of cream cheese deliciousness. A perfect weekend treat, but I do have to warn you - these are thick and rich, so you might need to share and have a glass of milk nearby ;)
Double Fudge Cream Cheese Brownies
- 1 c. butter
- 4 (1 oz.) sq. unsweetened chocolate
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and line 9 x 13 inch pan with foil or spray with cooking spray.
- In 2 quart saucepan combine 1 cup butter and unsweetened chocolate. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until melted (4-6 minutes).
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except chocolate chips. Fold in chocolate chips. Spread half of batter into pan.
- In a small bowl combine the filling.
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 2 tsp. butter, softened
- 3 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Spread filling over brownie mixture.
- Spoon remaining batter over cream cheese. (Batter will not entirely cover cream cheese mixture.)
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until brownies pull away from sides of pan.