It's time again for the Secret Recipe Club!! For those of you who don't know about the SRC, the concept is that each month the members are assigned a blog and can choose any recipe from their assigned blog, to then be posted about on a designated day. It's really a lot of fun, and if you are interested just click on the link above for information and to join!
This month I was assigned the blog Ground Cherry, which is a blog about sustainable cooking for one. Since I am now living alone and essentially cooking for one, this couldn't have been a more perfect match. Majority, if not all, of her recipes are gluten-free which is awesome for anyone looking for gluten-free recipes! She had a lot of recipes to choose from, but I honed in on her Chocolate Crinkle Cookies. I am not a gluten-free girl myself, so I made one adjustment to the recipe to use ingredients that I have on hand. If you are looking for a variety of wonderful recipes to fit into a gluten-free lifestyle (or just looking for some great recipes in general), definitely check out her website!
It's no secret that I love chocolate, so these cookies were PERFECT!! Very easy to make and a great chocolatey treat!! You can add chocolate chips, cinnamon chips, white chocolate, nuts...anything your little heart desires!!
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Source: Ground Cherry
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I actually used cinnamon chips)
- 2 egg whites
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl, then add egg whites and mix until well incorporated.
- Using a small or medium cookie scoop, drop onto foil or parchment paper-lined cookie sheet and bake 15-18 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 1 minute before removing to cooling racks to cool completely.