Although I am a deeply devoted lover of chocolate, I find these cookies to be a refreshing break from the pile of chocolate goodies that I indulge in this time of year. They have a light citrus tone, and the white chocolate chips and cranberries are a perfect combo. Yum-mie! Aside from that, cranberry-anything screams holiday for me. If you need a change from the chocolate and mint desserts that are so common during this season, or you just want a delicious cookie, add these to your dessert lineup!!
Orange Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies
Adapted from Betty Crocker
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp grated orange peel
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat sugars, butter, orange peel, orange juice, and egg. Slowly mix in flour, baking soda, and salt until well combined. Stir in cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, drop onto cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 7-9 minutes, until just set. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.