Woo, what a busy weekend it was! Friday night I went to see Luke Bryan at the rodeo with friends in San Antonio, Saturday I went out with some other friends, and Sunday I went to see The Vow. I am secretly - well, not so secretly - in lust with Channing Tatum, so this was a much anticipated trip to the theater for me, and the perfect end to my friend-filled weekend. I love my girls, and getting to spend this much time with them was fabulous! But, with all my adventures I wasn't at home very much so when I was, I needed something quick to fix for lunch and I had these crab quesadillas on my to-make list and thought they'd be perfect.
I don't have much experience with crab, but I do love avocados and the combination sounded appealing and I'm glad I followed my instinct, because they were delicious! The shallots, although I like them, were a little overwhelming, so I would personally leave them out next time, but otherwise the flavors went great together. These quesadillas were a perfect lunch with not-so-ordinary ingredients.
Crab and Avocado Quesadilla
Source: How Sweet It Is
For one quesadilla
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 oz lump crab meat
- 1 slice bacon, fried and crumbled
- 2 slices avocado, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup low-fat, shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 slice pineapple, chopped
- Combine all ingredients, except for tortillas and cheese in a bowl.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Assemble tortillas with ingredients in between. Make sure there is cheese on both the bottom of one tortilla and the top of the crabmeat mixture to act as ‘glue.’
- Brown tortilla on both sides until cheese is melted. Cut into 4 triangles and enjoy!