The weeks keep passing by, faster than I think they will. And at the end of each weekend, I tell myself that the next weekend I am going to do nothing. I never thought I'd be saying that, since a few months ago I did nothing but sit at home, watching tv and cooking. My social life has picked up quite a bit these last couple of weeks, and I find myself missing that quiet time. However, I can't complain about the time with my friends or the fun I've been having! And, I do still have enough time at home on the weekends to make some amazing sammiches.
I keep thinking that I will run out of buffalo chicken recipes, but my list of things to make, doesn't seem to be getting any shorter. Good thing I love it! My friend Sarah got to make these wraps before I did, and her review of them was just as I suspected...fabulous! I waited for weeks to get to the day on my menu where I would finally get to taste for myself. And then, that Saturday came, and ohmygoodness it was better than I even imagined. All the goodness of buffalo chicken mixed with crispy bacon, eggs, and fresh veggies. Oh, and did I mention all that deliciousness is wrapped up in a cheddar jalapeno tortilla???
Buffalo Chicken Wrap
Source: Bev Cooks
- 1 Tbs butter, melted
- dash cayenne pepper
- dash freshly ground pepper
- dash coarse salt
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce, divided
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and coarsely chopped
- 2 hard boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large jalapeno cheddar tortillas
- Combine the butter, cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt and 1/4 cup of the hot pepper sauce in a bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Cover and marinate for one hour (longer if you like.)
- Heat a skillet or grill pan over medium-high and coat with cooking spray. Add the chicken and cook 2-3 minutes per side, until cooked through. remove and cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Warm tortillas and layer with chicken in the center, followed by bacon, eggs, lettuce, cheddar, the dressing and buffalo. With your fingers, mix up the filling so the dressing evenly coats all of the ingredients. Roll the burrito and enjoy!