Another weekend has come and gone. How do they go by so fast?? It seems like it was just Friday night, and I was at T's house, playing with baby C, eating burgers that Mr. T cooked on the grill, and taking a dip in the hot tub and now it's Monday morning and it's back to the office. Sigh. Time goes by too fast.
But, at least I have some great dishes to share with you over the next few days! This salad was the perfect meal to end the weekend. The creole seasoned shrimp went great with the sweet pineapple and tangy lime vinaigrette. If I keep eating like this, I'll be down to my desired weight in no time! And with food that tastes this good, I'll have no problem keeping it up.
There's one more weekend left in May and then summer is officially upon us. I can't wait for the long weekend with friends and family, and I can't wait for summer!! I have so many great food and drink recipes in the wings...I can't wait to make them and to share them with you!
Creole Shrimp, Avocado, and Pineapple Salad
Inspired by Pampered Chef - Spin on Salads
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-2 Tbsp Creole seasoning
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp diced jalapeno
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup pineapple, chopped
- 3 cups Spring salad mix
For the lime vinaigrette
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- Mix lime juice, creole seasoning, jalapeno, and garlic together in a medium bowl. Add shrimp, toss to coat, and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- While the shrimp is marinating, make the vinaigrette by first combining the lime juice and sugar in a small bowl. Then slowly whisk in the canola oil until combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes. Add the shrimp in and cook until opaque, turning once, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Divide salad mix among serving plates. Top with shrimp, avocado, and pineapple. Drizzle lime vinaigrette over the top and serve.