It's time again for the Recipe Swap! Blogger's Choice is the theme for this round, and has become increasingly popular within our group. We are assigned a blog, and get to choose any recipe we want! How fun is that?? I received Lindsay's blog, Life and Kitchen and I was so excited! I discovered and began following Lindsay's blog recently, and hadn't had a chance to make anything from it, so this gave me the perfect opportunity. It was really hard to choose one thing - her pictures are beautiful and all her food looks so good!! Head over and check it out - you're sure to find some great recipes to try!
Now, onto my selection...I seem to be drawn to taquitos lately (they're sort of like tacos, and you know how I love tacos!), so when I saw these Bean and Cheese Taquitos, I knew it was meant to be! I love bean and cheese tacos, and the addition of the lime juice and zest was perfect for me!! I'm kind of a citrus (lemon and lime, specifically) freak! I highly suggest that you try these...immediately! I ate waaaayyy too many. As in, I made a batch and ate them all. By myself. I didn't share. You see what I'm saying? That good.
Bean & Cheese Taquitos
Source: Life and Kitchen
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- 2 cups shredded cheese (such as cheddar, Mexican blend, etc)
- Flour tortillas (16-20)
- Cooking spray
- Sea salt for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the refried beans, black beans, cilantro, and spices. Then add the zest from the lime and the juice from half of the lime and stir. Mix in the cheese.
- Put about two tablespoons of filling lengthwise into each tortilla. Spread it out into a strip and roll up the tortilla around it. Place it seam side down on a baking sheet. Repeat with all of the tortillas.
- Lightly spray the tortillas with cooking spray and immediately sprinkle with sea salt. Bake until the edges are golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with your choice of dipping sauce (salsa, sour cream, etc.)