Happy Thirsty Thursday friends! Tomorrow will begin Memorial Day weekend, and fun drinks are always a good part of a holiday weekend. I have a good list of beloved martini flavors, but I thought I'd try something a little different to welcome summer. Strawberry and basil seem to go well together in different recipes, and I've seen it on menus at various martini bars, so I figured I may as well give it a try!
It was very tasty, indeed! I only wish that SG or T had been here to share them with me.... martinis are always better with friends!! Make a batch for your celebration this weekend!
Strawberry Basil Martini
Source: Dine with Darling
- 5-6 fresh strawberries (and a few extra for garnish)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 5 oz vodka
- Wash and cut the stems off the large, fresh strawberries. Place then in a martini shaker.
- Rinse the basil, reserving a few leaves for garnish, and place remaining leaves in martini shaker with the strawberries.
- Muddle basil and strawberries until you create a pulp.
- Fill the martini shaker with ice and add the vodka. Secure the shaker lid and shake vigorously.
- Divide between martini glasses and garnish with a strawberry slice and basil leaf.