The first time I ate chorizo was sometime last year, at one my office staff meetings. For whatever reason, I thought it was some gross concoction of animal parts that only weird people ate. I was wrong. So wrong. I actually really love it! I still had never bought it, but I needed some for the Tinga Poblana Tacos I made recently, and with the leftover, I decided to make a version of the taco that first introduced me to this delicious meat. Chorizo and Egg. Simple enough, right? But instead of breakfast, I made them for dinner!
I'm not a big breakfast-for-dinner kinda gal, but these tacos definitely earned their place on my dinner menu. Such a simple taco, but so filling and delicious. And with a few added toppings...the flavors were outstanding. Cilantro, sour cream, cheese, and hot sauce...yes please! You can have these babies on the table in under 10 minutes!!!
Chorizo & Egg Tacos
- 1/2 lb chorizo, removed from casing
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Flour Tortillas
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese (I used pepper jack)
- Hot sauce (I used Lousiana Hot Sauce)
- Cook chorizo in a skillet over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring a few times.
- Season eggs with salt and pepper, and add to skillet. Stir until eggs and chorizo are well mixed and eggs are set.
- Warm tortillas and spoon chorizo and eggs into the center of each tortilla. Top with sour cream, cheese, hot sauce and cilantro.