With this dish. I knew just by looking at Nicole's pictures, and the ingredient list that I would love it, but I had no idea how hopelessly in love I would fall with just one bite. I don't eat orzo nearly enough, which I'm going to have to remedy. Orzo is an amazing little pasta, and paired with shrimp, delicious spices, and FETA it transforms into one freaking amazing dinner!
I'm pretty sure I raved like a lunatic about it on Facebook, and ate way too much of it in one night. In fact, this could easily be the best meal I've made in quite some time. Don't get me wrong, I've made some great dinners, but this one tops the charts.
I know there are some people out there who don't like shrimp. I think you people are crazy. This dish is one that everyone should have in their life. Every.one. So, maybe you shrimp-haters should try this dish. And change your life.
Seriously. I'll be here waiting, when you come by to thank me.
As seen on: Prevention RD
- 1 1/2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp of crushed red pepper
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup orzo
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and coat a large baking dish or pan with cooking spray.
- Cook the orzo boiling, salted water until tender but still firm, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and pour into to the prepared baking dish.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook for about 1 minute, then stir in tomatoes, half of the parsley, oregano, basil, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, then add the shrimp and cook, stirring for 2 to 3 minutes, until shrimp is barely pink.
- Add the saucepan mixture into the baking pan with the orzo, and gently stir to combine.
- Top with feta and the remaining parsley. Bake, uncovered, until the feta is bubbly, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.