Happy last Saturday of July! Can you believe that in a few short days it will be August?!?! That means my birthday is fast approaching as well...I'm not sure how I feel about that just yet. I'll let you know in a couple of weeks.
In the mean time, let me introduce to you this delicious and way-too-simple-to-warrant-a-"recipe" sammich. Yeah, I realize that the concept of roast beef and horseradish is not new, but it's new to my kitchen and I am in love. I adore horseradish. It's spicy and delicious...um helloooo wasabi?!?!? Mmm now I want sushi.
But I digress. I originally had my eye on a recipe that had roast beef, arugula, and shaved parmesan, but I didn't buy arugula and I wasn't feeling in the mood to stand at the deli counter and ask for shaved parm. Yes, I was lazy. So, instead I started thinking of other ways to make a delicious roast beef sammich that would be worthy of sharing with my fabulous readers. And thus, this sammich was born.
It took me all of 5 minutes to put it together, and less than 2 to devour it. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit, but I did enjoy every savory bite. I served mine with a side of chipotle sweet potato fries, and it was the perfect lunch. Easy to throw together and full of flavor...what more could you want from a sammich??
Roast Beef & Provolone Sammich with Horseradish Mayo
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced roast beef
- 2-4 slices of Provolone
- 2 Tbsp mayo or miracle whip
- 4 tsp prepared horseradish
- 1 large tomato, cut into slices
- Mixed greens (or lettuce of choice)
- 4 slices of bread (I used sandwich thins)
- In a small bowl, combine the mayo and horseradish. Stir to mix well.
- On two slices of bread, layer 1/4 lb of roast beef, 1 slice of provolone, 2-3 slices of tomato, and a handful of greens.
- On the other two slices, 1-2 tablespoons of the horseradish mayo and place on top of the sammiches.
- Serve with chips or oven fries!