I thought about making her Baked Chicken Chimichangas, but for some reason I've been drawn to recipes with peanut butter in them lately. So, when I saw these Baked Turkey Meatballs with Sweet Peanut Sauce, I knew I needed to look no farther. I had found the recipe for me!
Now, I've had my share of turkey meatballs, and I've loved most of them. But these. Ohmygod. These meatballs are my heaven right now. I wish I had enough to eat every day for a week. Then I'd likely be sick of them for a few months, but for that week I'd be in food heaven. Not only are the meatballs seasoned well, so they have good flavor on their own, but that sauce...holy bejeezus. I suggest you get your booty in the kitchen to make some of these TONIGHT!! Toss in some veggies for a more balanced meal, but I was perfectly content with my meatballs and rice :)
And, definitely go check out Alli's blog, she has so much great stuff on there!
And, once again - don't forget to enter for the Jennie-O Giveaway!!
Baked Turkey Meatballs with Sweet Peanut Sauce
Source: Alli 'n Son
For the Meatballs
- 1 1/4 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the ground turkey, cilantro, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Use a medium cookie scoop (or tablespoon, or just your hands!) to make 1-inch meatballs, and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs for 10-12 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the package instructions, and prepare the peanut butter sauce (recipe below.)
- When the meatballs have finished baking, toss them with half of the sauce and serve over rice, with chopped peanuts and remaining sauce drizzled on top.
For the Peanut Butter Sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Chopped peanuts, for garnish
- In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and vegetable oil. Set aside until meatballs are done.