Happy Monday, friends! This weekend flew by way too quickly, and I'm afraid that yesterday was a wasted day. As I get older, I am reminded that I can not drink and party the way I used to. My birthday was fantastic, but I paid dearly for it all day yesterday. Can you say, laid up on the couch all.day.long? I guess this 32-year-old body just can't handle it's liquor anymore! And to the friend who bought me that shot of tequila...we are in a fight right now. Ugh.
I think my kitchen is growing cobwebs. Well, not literally of course, but I feel like I haven't cooked in forever. Today starts a new week, however, and I'll be back on track, back in routine, and back in the kitchen! I have some great things on the menu that I can't wait to try and share with you! And to start the week off right, I have an amazing side dish! Asparagus is delicious, but asparagus baked in the oven and then topped with a balsamic-butter sauce is fan-freaking-tastic!! Of course, I am biased to anything involving balsamic vinegar, but really...this was one tasty side dish and will be a great addition to your dinner!
Baked Asparagus with Balsamic-Butter Sauce
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Lay the asparagus out on the prepared baking sheet, spray with cooking spray, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake asparagus for 12 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat, and stir in soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. Pour over the baked asparagus to serve.