I can't believe it's Wednesday already! This week is flying by and I feel like I'm partying it up like a 20-something instead of an almost-32-year-old! I have plans to go out every day this week except for Friday (so far), and that is so not the norm for me!!
I miss my kitchen, and I fear that next week's posts may be sparse, so I apologize for that in advance. I'm also terrified to step on the scale on Monday...all that food and alcohol (and there will be LOTS of that) surely won't be good for the scale. But, the memories are what's important and I am sure to make a ton of great ones this week with my amazing friends :)
One thing I have discovered lately that is good for the scale, are roasted veggies. I'm not sure how I've made it through life this long without preparing veggies this way!! I would hear people talk about roasting veggies, but I primarily steamed mine. Now, however, I am high up on the roasting bandwagon, and I hope to never come down!!
Cauliflower was always one of those veggies that I would eat on a veggie tray, but never purchased or even thought about cooking or eating cooked. Over the past several months, however, I have made several recipes using cauliflower, roasting it first, and it is now one of my favorite veggies!! Of course, adding balsamic to anything would make it my favorite, but that is just this particular recipe. The only downfall, if there could possibly be one, is that I wanted to eat the entire batch in one sitting. That is probably not the best idea, you know - portion control and all - but it was just too damn tasty!!!
If you aren't already, you should jump on the bandwagon with me...there's plenty of room and I'll evn share my veggies with you :)
Balsamic-Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
Source: Eating Well
- 8 cups 1-inch-thick slices cauliflower florets, (about 1 large head)
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, oil, marjoram, salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
- Spread the cauliflower out on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until cauliflower begins to brown and soften.
- Remove from the oven and toss the cauliflower in a large bowl with the vinegar, then top with the cheese and put back in the oven for about 5 minutes to melt th cheese.