I have (another) new love in my life. It's name...lemon brownies. What the whaaaaat?
I am somewhat of a lemon fanatic. This is a shock to all, I'm sure. ::smirk::
So, when I ran
across face first into these little beauties on Pinterest, I most likely squealed in excitement. What could be better in the summer than a lemony, glazed dessert??? Nothing, I tell you. And if you say different, we can't be friends anymore so just keep those thoughts to yourself and don't ruin this perfect thing that we have, ok?
Anywho...I wouldn't quite say these are brownie texture, more on the cake-y side. But no matter, they are abso-freakin-lutely delicious. The cake-y part isn't too lemony so it's not too tart for those weirdos who aren't citrus fanatics like we (or just me) are. The glaze however, is the perfect pop of lemony tartness and I wanted to just eat that out of the bowl. I'm pretty sure that would have been frowned upon and my co-workers would not have understood the logic, and why they didn't get their treats. So, being the nice co-worker that I am, I applied the glaze, cut them into pretty little squares and took them to work to share.
And now, it's Friday, and I wanted to share with you, too!! These don't take a terribly long time to make, and the result is one you don't want to miss. Your tastebuds (and possibly your significant other, kids, co-workers, neighbors...whoever) will thank you!!
Source: Rita's Recipes
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9x13 baking pan with foil, leaving enough over the edges that you can use to easily remove the final product from the pan.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, stir together the flour, sugar and salt. Slowly mix in the softened butter, using a hand mixer or stand mixer on low speed until just combined.
- In another bowl whisk together the eggs, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Pour the mixture into the flour mixture and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove and let cool completely in the pan then glaze.
- Prepare the glaze by mixing the ingredients together in a medium bowl. Once the brownies are cooled, pour the glaze over the top and spread with a spatula to evenly coat. Allow it to set (firm up), the remove the brownies from the pan (using the overhanging foil), and cut into squares.