Do you ever have those days when you feel like you're living in the Twilight Zone Movie? Not the Twilight with vampires and werewolves, but the old-school science fiction horror movie with John Lithgow where odd things keep happening. Yeah, my life feels a lot like that lately, sans demons. Weirdness and odd happenings all around me.
But, amidst all the weirdness that seems to be occuring in my daily life, there is one thing I can always count on for normalcy...and that is cooking. I mean, really...what oddities could possibly come from these delicious-looking tacos? Taco Tuesday = normalcy = happiness.
You know of my love of citrus, and cilantro has become one of the few staple items in my grocery basket every trip, so adding them to chicken and throwing it all on a white corn tortilla is about as perfect as life can get. For at least a brief few moments, all is right in the world. You need to make these and bring order back into your life. Or just make them because they are delicious. Whatever works.
Cilantro-Lime Chicken TacosSource: What's Cookin' Chicago?
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2-3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in bite sized pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, stems removed
- 2 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp sliced, toasted almonds
- 3 Tbsp chopped, fresh garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- flour or corn tortillas
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- hot sauce
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray. Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine the cilantro, olive oil, almonds, garlic, lime juice, asiago, salt and chicken broth in a blender and mix on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Toss chicken with the pesto.
- Warm tortillas, top with chicken mixture and your choice of toppings.