Thank you to Jenna for a great theme, and be sure to check out her blog at the beginning of October for the full round-up!
Source: Better Homes & Gardens
- 1 1/4 sticks unsalted butter, softened (10 Tbsp.)
- 2 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 3 Tbsp orange juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat the butter, syrup, and sugar until fairly smooth.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, and cocoa powder. Mix 1 tablespoon of the flour mixture into the syrup mixture, then beat in one egg. Add another couple of spoonfuls of dry ingredients before beating in the remaining egg.
- Beat in remaining dry ingredients, and then add, while still beating, the orange zest. Gradually add the juice.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes (edges should look dry and center of cake may have dipped slightly). Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and cool completely.