Since then, I've gotten to "know" a lot of wonderful ladies, bloggers and non-bloggers alike, and I will be meeting several of them very soon!! It's amazing how things happen in our lives, the ways in which we come to know people, and share hobbies and interests. Never in a million years would I have thought I'd have such great friends all over the country (and world!), but I'm so glad that I do!
For this round of the recipe swap, I got this recipe from Caroline of The Barbee Housewife and I knew as soon as I saw the title that I would be in heaven, because I LOVE chorizo!! I know I've probably said it before, but I don't know how or why I made it through 30+ years in life without eating chorizo, and thinking it was gross. I had one of those palm-to-face moments when I realized how wrong I was.
Caroline has a bunch of great recipes, so make sure you check out her blog, too!!
Spicy Chorizo Breakfast Hash
Source: The Barbee Housewife
- 1 lb of Spicy Chorizo
- 2 Jalepenos, diced
- 1/2 of a Yellow Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/2 of a Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/2 of a Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 4 Red Potatoes, washed and diced
- 1/4 of an Onion, diced
- 2 slices of bacon,chopped
- 4 oz of Pepper Jack cheese, grated
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- While the oven heats up, heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add the chopped bacon. Cook for about 2 minutes, until they are starting to brown.
- Now add in the diced potatoes, onions and salt and pepper, to taste. Stir to mix well and add the chorizo.
- Continue stirring the mixture until the chorizo has browned.
- Now it's time to add the jalepenos and bell peppers. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the peppers are tender.
- Now, place the skillet into the oven for ten minutes. Remove carefully, sprinkle the shredded cheese on top, and return to the oven for an additional 10 minutes to melt the cheese and allow the potatoes to cook through.
- Meanwhile, cook your eggs (runny middle or broken yolk - up to you!) and warm the tortillas.
- To serve, plate the hash mixture, top with an egg, and serve with tortillas!