Happy 4th of July weekend!! I hope you all are enjoying the sunshine, some backyard barbecues, and maybe even some fun in the water. Me? I am "enjoying" some much-needed time at home, cleaning, organizing, and just taking care of some household to-do's. Oh, and tomorrow is girl's night to see Magic Mike!! I am sort of in love with Channing Tatum, so no way am I missing him giving a strip show!! I'll be sure to fill you in on the drool-fest on Monday ;)
I've had egg salad on my list of things to make for quite some time. I had a couple of recipes pinned, but then my Dad's friend loaned me a Primal Blueprint cookbook, and I found a recipe for Jalapeno Egg Salad. What the what?? Yeah, that was definitely happening in my kitchen. ASAP. I did have one little set-back, however. Making hard-boiled eggs. Yep, of all the things I have learned to cook and bake, I have had one helluva time mastering the hard-boiled egg. But, I learned from my mistake, with the advice of a few friends, and I finally succeeded! Woot!
And then, I made the egg salad one night, after a bottle and a half of wine, to take to work for lunch the next day. Guess what I did then? I forgot to take a plate and my camera to photograph it. I was really on a roll, eh? So, yeah, not the greatest picture but it is a pretty amazing sammich. Which means you should make it yourself and see how really beautiful it is!! Aside from that, though, it was a tasty sammich....a little creamy, with a hint of spice from the jalapenos. Deeee-lish!
Jalapeno Egg Salad
Source: Primal Blueprint - Quick & Easy Meals
- 6 eggs
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of mayo or miracle whip
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Place the eggs in a small pot and add cold water, just enough to cover the tops of the eggs.
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat, and allow to boil for 1 minute. Turn off the heat and cover with a lid. Allow to sit for 10-12 minutes, and then move the eggs to a bowl full of water and ice.
- Let the eggs sit in the ice water for 5 minutes and then gently crack and peel the shells.
- Chop the eggs into small pieces, and combine in a medium bowl with the chives, jalapenos, mayo, and lemon juice.
- Toast your bread and slather a little mustard on each side, if you like. Cut diagonally, and enjoy!!