Well, I thought it was amazing, anyway. J...not so much a fan of the raw fish. I'll spare you the details of his reaction when I had him taste it. So, I threw his portion in a skillet and cooked it through for him. He liked it that way. Sad, I know. But, he will eat some sushi with me, so I can't complain too much. I will say that I didn't love it as much the next day as leftovers...better to eat it all while fresh for the best flavor. Which was amazing. Did I mention that already? So, for those of you who aren't afraid of raw salmon, you need to try this. Stat. For reals.
Salmon & Avocado Poke Bowl
As seen on Just Putzing Around the Kitchen
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1/8 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 lb sushi-grade salmon (bones and skin removed)
- 1 avocado, cubed
- Sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl combine onion, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, and ginger. Set aside.
- Cut the salmon into 3/4″ chunks and add to the marinade bowl, along with the avocado.
- Serve immediately, topped with sesame seeds, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with rice or grain of your choice.